Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 | Productivity | No Comments
Often you are bored or tired of any work if you are doing it for a long time. That’s some point where you need to take a break so that you can get back to work with better mind rather than half-blocked and frustrated mind after working for so long. There are various options for this like you may watch or do something you really like (any hobby). Here in terms of taking a break, i am talking about the fact that you have several minutes to spend free (or if days, you can of course go somewhere). The bet option is to listen some light music (not hardcore beats music, it would instead make you tired and more frustrated). You can listen some of your all time favourites and get relaxed and have calm mind and then go back to work.
Tuesday, September 16th, 2008 | Productivity | No Comments
IM’s are always a waste of time. I have concluded that only people without work sit on IM and ‘KEEP CHATTING USELESSLY’. I have never seen any successful guy online and chatting without any genuine reason. He only keeps himself with work and his personal life. I hate IM’s but can’t avoid logging in every time i am online. IM’s definitely reduce productivity. Do some good SEO instead of it.
Friday, June 27th, 2008 | Productivity | No Comments
The burden of knowledge that we face today is the result of continuous discoveries and inventions made by the scientists and so called creative minds. Maybe this statement discourages development of science, but it surely adds to the burden of people studying science and other subjects. The more you develop, more people have to study about them and more you remember. If you see at a philosophical point, earlier times there was no such high developed gadgets and technology or comforts but still man used to live comfortably. What ultimate pleasure has development of science given. Nothing if you calculate its pros and cons both. The effect is ‘nil’. Man should have better understood life and its purpose than science. The more advantages and benefits it got from science, more disadvantages and problems also it received. Not that i am against science or hate it but i am just trying to reason out this whole development of science. Nothing fruitful has occurred by sending man to mars or moon. Wtf would you do even if you know the traces of water once existed on mars. Its pointless, better help the world by solving global problems like poverty, unemployment, etc.
Also this topic is never ending whether ‘Science is beneficial or not’. The reason behind this is because advantages and disadvantages are 50:50 and so result is nil, so you can never stop arguing on this topic.
Thursday, May 15th, 2008 | Productivity | No Comments
Its been ages i posted anything in productivity category. You never know in life when you hit upon some saying which can touch your heart. Like my calender has one proverb :
To get successful, either do job you like or like your job.
This is one saying which i firmly believe in. It is true that if you really want to get successful, you must do only that work which interests you or make your present work interesting. This is the only base of being highly successful in any field. This is a universal saying and it applies to any field you are in. You really need to love and like your work, than only you can achieve unbounded success in it. We have in past seen examples on great people who succeeded highly in their field only because they were passionate about it.
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008 | Productivity | No Comments
Procrastination is an evil which many possess and they barely know how much loss they make due to it with passage of time. Procrastination means habit of delaying or postponing work. It’s a type of laziness that overall reduces your productivity. People who get affected by it slowly keep postponing their work assignment and lay off lazily. It’s sometimes late when you know that you really are affected by it. The only way out is to be active and start doing your chores right now. Procrastination can be evil in all fields, online and offline both. Nowadays, i am lazy checking my RSS feeds and i know i am late in knowing the latest tech news
Sunday, April 20th, 2008 | Productivity | No Comments
Education matters much when you plan to do anything in life. No matter what ABILITY you possess, but if your ‘resume’ has that university passed out tag, believe me you will have millions of dollars poured by VC in your startups. What inspired me to write this post is that i am further planning going for competetive exams like IIT (Indian institute of technology) or AIEEE (All India engineering entrance exam). These are one of the most toughest exams worldwide and they are recognized by MNC’s also. Having that tag of IIT in your CV pre-sets your level wherever you go for job or any work. They stand out distinctly from the crowd as top level people. It’s really tough to crack IIT but once you do it, doors open for you in all fields of your life. Those in india must be knowing about IIT’s and IIM’s.
Today i had a lecture from CEO of Sharekhan co., Mr. Jaydeep Arora who has done IIT and MBA from IIM also. Sharekhan is an online share trading company or even financial management company. It was very much interesting and motivating lecture. Education really helps you in any field of life.
Tuesday, April 8th, 2008 | Productivity | 6 Comments
If you are one of those who go no life and a bit workaholic, then beware, you could be landing yourself soon in serious health problems. Late night working is actually very much harmful to body but it is something we can’t avoid to cope up ourselves in his web 2.0 era. If you are working late nights, this are the sure potential problems which can attack your body :
1. Obesity – If you work too much in front of computers and dont have proper control on diet, this is one thing you will notice around your stomach This gives rise to fat level, cholesterol , Blood pressure problems, etc.
2. Soar eyes – working late nights exposed to bright light can lead to soar eyes. Also it can cause defects like near sightedness (myopia) or far sightedness (hyper metropia). Vision defects. Check your eye vision regularly if you work late nights.
3. Insomnia ! – This is one thing i was hit by last week. I just couldn’t sleep properly after mid-night 4 o’clock. With great trouble i got sleep and found head paining in morning. Actually late night work got me in such a frenzy that i couldn’t sleep. Late nights can lead to dysfunction in proper healthy sleep. Remember, sleep is actually very much essential for body rest or else you get prone top several health problems.
4. Heart problems – More late night works, more running of heart. Heart needs rest too. while you sleep, heart beats slowly actually giving it self rest. If you work late nights, it gets no rest and pumps more blood for body. This can even lead to heart problems like heart attack (There seems to be only 1 major heart problem !). Don’t panic, take it easy.
5. Back pain – This is another worst thing i was lately hit by. My back pained a lot all day as i typed a lot on keypad in odd positions. Sitting for 8-10 hours can lead to such arm and back pains. Better do exercises like running, jumping and other normal exercises. Something like ‘yogasan’ works fine.
6. Digestive problems – This includes acidity, constipation, etc which all occur due to late nights and irregular working schedules. To digest your food and keep your stomach clean (yeah), you need to do work out. Labors don’t need to do all these because they do that in their work while white collar job workers and online worker/freelancers do need to do it. Best is to eat fruits 1 time and take full meal another time. Don’t stuff your stomach with heavy meal as it will cause digestion problems to body.
Sunday, April 6th, 2008 | Productivity | No Comments
$9.99 look easy to pay and you see no where that cash notes, just credit card no., insert that no. and get your thing. But at months end, you really see $10 REAL cash in form of notes and feel a bit guilty. You sometimes feel like spitting on yourself only. It’s easy to spend via credit/debit card but when the final bank statement comes, we become tensed. Better keep a control over it. It’s regretting.
Do 1 thing, anytime while buying something online using your bank card, just put that amount from your wallet in front of your self for some time (think that you are losing this much amount) and i bet you will have to think twice before you actually purchase your thing. Try out, it works. It’s no magic, just psychological logic !
Saturday, March 29th, 2008 | Productivity | No Comments
It is important that you be organized at any place you work. Not only working only but organizing your work will help you in most work fields. I used to be lover of haphazard lazy life style but have recently seen that being organized helped me do my work on time without tensions and worry.
1. I have my feeds updates checked only at regular intervals instead of check 5 RSS now and 10 later.
2. Post regularly. Not to be lazy and delay posting and other work.
3. Although my current work requires me to start writing my topics as soon as i find them, i still manage to be regular instead of haphazard in working.
4. I keep a track of my works to be done and reminders in simple Notepad file. I haven’t felt the need of google reminder or other web applications. I have 2-3 notepad files (.txt , simple!) where i write down anything i have to do later on, like posting, interviewing some guy, sending remainders or mails, etc. Like for e.g, when i would hit upon some good article or news and i want that to be rewritten by my on this blog, i would write that idea in my notepad article. Also i would write down any any new ideas that struck me at odd times in that notepad so that i don’t forget them. This way i don’t miss any work to be done.
5. Don’t forget to check notepad from time to time ! Also delete that idea or work remainder from notepad file once its done. You don’t want to have cluster of useless texts in notepad.
6. I work out things in cluster. Like for e.g, i would collect work of same niche in bigger quantity and than start off. That saves a lot of time.
Don’t be sloppy. Be organized. That helps a lot in terms of saving time and getting work done better on time.
Friday, March 28th, 2008 | Productivity | 1 Comment
It is very much necessary to stay fit if you are working several hours online. I have recently developed back pain, not exactly back pain but severe pain in muscle at upper right area of back side. It is paining since 1 month and i am helpless. The reason is because of continuous typing and working in odd styles (lol) on computer. The only way it seems now is to exercise regularly. I have tried couple of positions that would suit me as i have this pain, but nothing works and pain continues. Also i got to know that if i work by sitting straight instead of any other relaxing lofty manner, it would help me a lot. So you take care that you have proper sitting positions while working on computers ( especially desktop only ). Need to do regular exercise to avoid body muscle problems.